I have been asked for this post a few times and never really felt like I was qualified to post it! Personally I have kind of just gone along with this whole blogging thing and learnt as I have gone along with the journey. So don’t take there’s things to heart they are just things I like to do! But there is a few things I wish I knew before starting and here they are…
- A Good Title: Something short and snappy, I have read my fair share of blog posts and no one will want to read a really long title. Just pick something that quickly explains what your post is about with no bells or whistles.
- A Feature Image: Always make sure you include a feature image that is connected to your post. I also edit mine using Pic Monkey to somehow incorporate the title into it too. I know there are probably better editing programmes you could use but for now It works for me. Also make sure the picture is well positioned and no too big.
- Not too Long: If you’ve got a lot to say think about making it a series of posts no one will want to carry on reading if its too long. I try to stick to 500 words maximum I find that’s a good length and doesn’t take too long to read.
- Subject Matter: Post what you want to post don’t feel like you have to certain things because others are. Make your content yours post what you are interested in and enjoy writing.
- Word press: Word press is a little complicated and it does take a while to get used to the way it works. It is a great platform to start blogging on. Just give yourself time to create your own style and interact with other bloggers who share your interests.
Hope you like these 5 little tips! I am no expert but I hope you find these useful?
Thanks for reading.
Little Mayfly x